In this episode we interviewed Paisley from the Learn German through Music podcast. Here's a few highlights of what we discussed:
- As an infant, some of her first words were German, but it was music like Einstürzende Neubauten later in life that got her interested in the German language
- In university, Paisley majored in German, studied abroad in Tübingen and Munich, and completed her capstone project on Caspar David Friedrich
- She had a gap of over 10 years where her language level dropped to a B1, but the parts of the language stuck with her the most were from her experience with German music
- If she could learn a new language with extra time, it would be Afrikaans!
Check out the Learn German Through Music podcast on Spotify. Also, visit her podcast page on Anchor where you can listen to each episode, send Paisley a voice message, and access the other social media accounts. Follow the podcast on Twitter @GermanthruMusic
Foreigner & Friends™ is a show about language learning that
- promotes fluency thru speaking,
- teaches you how to reason about language, and
- tells the stories of language learners from all over the world.
Thanks to our sponsor Fluentel. Sign up to start speaking today at https://fluen.tel
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/fluentel/message
SleepThe Engineered Network