This episode of Season 3 is with Saliza Abdullah, the Managing Director & CEO, BG Capital Holdings Group of Companies in Malaysia.
Saliza manages a 100% woman-owned security services business - one which belonged to her late mother.
The original business offered physical guarding and security services. Since taking over, Saliza has expanded the scope of business to include training and surveillance.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What it's like running a fully woman-owned business with her late mother when she got back from the US
- What it's like now with her niece as the upcoming third generation
- Restructuring the business into what it is today - revenues are now in the 8 figures
- Other businesses and diversification strategies that she embarked upon
- The real success markers in business
- Pushing the women’s agenda through her business and how she does it
- The creation of a family constitution as the basis of the business moving forward
- Why women must never be shy about talking about their businesses
- Why women are her best allies in business and the importance of the right networks
- How the pandemic helped her get better
For show notes and more, visit womenpreneurasia.com