Five types of changes and endings
- We decide to stop things no longer aligned with who we are
- Events out of our control that feel positive
- Events out of our control that feel sad
- Grieving people who've left us, both physically or permanently
- Changes and the transitions of change
How do we know if this is the time to end something or if it's a temporary plateau and we are meant to work through it? Everyone has their own relationship to deciding to continue. Questions might include:
- Is this mine to do?
- Do I have the energy for this?
- Is it nourishing?
- Is it the right timing?
- Do I want to say yes to this?
- Do I feel like doing it?
- Is this going to bring the change that I want?
- If I don't do this, then what?
- A few rounds on feeling uneasy about ending this thing
- A few rounds on not knowing what's next
Changes out of our control
What about the harder changes that are out of our control, both the good ones and the sad ones? Some of us are aware of the grief, some of us bury it. Where do you feel it in your body?
- A few rounds of tapping for grieving all these changes.
- A few rounds of grieving the loss of a person we love, either through life changes or even death.
Changes that are positive still take work
- Celebrate short term accomplishments
- Set short term goals
- Reevaluate what's working what isn't
- A few rounds of tapping for the parts of us who don't like this, and knowing we are okay.
Photo by Thomas Grams