Chuck Bryant and Josh Clark are the duo behind the award-winning tri-weekly podcast Stuff You Should Know. They talk about how they adapted their content for their kids' book Stuff Kids Should Know, using kid-friendly topics. They have a background in researching and writing and find a story in whatever they're talking about.
The pair have been working together on the show since it began in 2008, and it has gone on to become one of the most downloaded podcasts in history. They are currently based in Atlanta.
You can read the transcription on The Children's Book Review.
Order a Copy:
Stuff Kids Should Know: Amazon and Bookshop.org.
You can listen to the Stuff You Should Know podcast on iHeart Radio.
Chuck and Josh discuss:
- How they adapted their podcast content for their kids' book
- Their love of nonfiction and how they became interested in learning
- Choosing topics for their podcast and how they selected topics for their book
- Researching and writing and relying on a body of research to have a conversation
- Tricks for fact-checking over the years, such as investigating red flags and finding multiple sources to back up claims
- Infusing humor into the show and finding humor in most things
- That everything is interconnected in some way
- Finding a story in whatever they're talking about
- Their approach to researching and writing nonfiction emphasizes the importance of following questions and not taking things for granted
- A glimpse at each of the chapters of the book
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/thechildrensbookreview/message
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/thechildrensbookreview/support