TW: Violence against Black bodies, racism towards POC, and transphobia
Welcome back to Finding Fearless! We have an incredibly educational and thoughtful conversation for you this week. We have the AMAZING Alyssa Hall of @arleadership on to talk about anti-racism in the workplace.
Alyssa Hall is an African-American/Cuban woman and a life coach. Upon completing her training at the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC), she began her journey coaching corporate leaders and business owners on mindset and leadership. She now uses those same skills to coach on anti-racism.
Alyssa focuses on the personal growth each individual needs to go through to become anti-racist themselves. She also uses her own experiences as a Black woman to call attention to certain issues that may not be highlighted in the broader community.
In this episode, Alyssa and I cover:
- The reality of how the public reacted to the social movement of June 2020, and how Alyssa chose to transition to anti-racism and decolonization coaching
- How equity and inclusivity work starts within and the first steps to doing that work internally
- The “Kardashian Effect” and how to address cultural appropriation and appreciation through a lens of intersectionality
We absolutely LOVED chatting with Alyssa and would HIGHLY recommend keeping up with her amazing work. You can follow her on Instagram and check out her website to learn more about her coaching opportunities.
Groups and services we love:
- Figure 8 is my Mastermind Community. I am so proud of what we’ve created with our newest cohort, and can’t wait for what the future holds! Our April 2023 cohort has launched, but you can check out our website for information on upcoming cohorts!
- Relay is a no-fee, online business banking and money management platform that helps small businesses take control of their cash flow. Check out Relay by visiting fearlessfoundry.com/relay and apply for an account in less than 10 minutes.
This episode of Finding Fearless was produced by Fina Valenzuela.
Finding Fearless is an exploration of human-centric leadership and a celebration of ambition, releasing every other week on Wednesdays, 6AM PST. If you liked the show, please rate, review, and share! You can also visit our website to learn more about how to become a sponsor of Finding Fearless!
Finding Fearless is produced by Fearless Foundry, a creative consultancy focused on advancing ambitious humans from around the globe to amplify their impact through branding, marketing, and business development. You can contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in our services and can follow us on all social media @fearlessfoundry.
Season 4 music is by Premium Beats. All audio is recorded and owned by Fearless Foundry.