How do you manage your mental health? Are you in touch with your moods day to day and aware of your feelings? Gareth Dauncey found a brilliant, visual way to manage his own wellbeing, which he went on to develop in an app to improve many people’s lives. Mood helps people to better manage their mental wellbeing with one tap a day, and share how they feel without the need for words.
In this personal and revealing interview, Gareth
- Explainswhat Mood does and how he came to develop the app after difficult experiences with his mental health.
- Talks about his positive experiences at Frazzled Café, a space set up by Ruby Wax for strangers to talk about their feelings, which led him to transform his mood tracker idea into an app.
- Gives an insight into the process of developing the Mood app, including how one particular partnership encouraged him and supported him in areas he was previously unfamiliar with.
- Highlights the positives of not overcomplicating things.
- Describes some activities he finds helpful for positive mental health.
- Shares some of the realisations he has come to in his struggle with his mental health.
- Expresses the hopes he has for his app in helping others, and his ideas for how the app can de-stigmatise conversations around mental health.