Michelle Dickinson who has worked in the pharmaceutical industry for over 18 years and is currently an associate director at Johnson & Johnson. She is the author of Breaking Into My Life: Growing Up with a Bipolar Parent and My Battle to Reclaim Myself. Her memoir offers a rare glimpse into a young girl’s experience living with—and loving—her bipolar mother. After years of playing the role of child caregiver, she embarked on her own healing journey of self-discovery. Michelle is out to raise awareness and compassion for those struggling with mental illness along with those who care for them, so that more people get the treatment and help they need and deserve. She believes that together we can eradicate the mental health stigma once and for all.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Michelle's life was dramatically impacted by her mother's bipolar condition.
- The path that Michelle has walked in order to break free and reclaim herself.
- How you can help a friend or family member who might be suffering.
Create beautiful, engaging social media in 5 minutes a day - www.RiseUpCreatives.com
Connect with Lisa and Other Resources:
Today's Episode Is Sponsored By:
- Get Your Pretty On was designed for real women, by real women. By offering a useful (might we add popular) blog, a styling program to get your closet organized (who doesn't love spending less time wondering what to wear?!), and a community of amazing (seriously, the best!) women, you'll get all the fashion and lifestyle inspiration you need to get your mojo back. We won’t be surprised if you stick around for a while, it’s a lot of fun!
Don’t Miss A Single Episode:
- Subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, or Google Music.
- Leave a quick review on any of the podcast apps to tell people what you think about the show.
- Take a screenshot of the podcast and post it on Instagram or Instagram Stories. Tag us @insporising. We’ll repost and give you a shoutout!
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/inspiration-rising/donations