Safetyline Jalousie louvre windows are the most versatile, highest performing and best value for money single-glazed louvre windows on the market.
Safetyline Jalousie louvre windows are ideal for Multi-Res high rise towers, hospitals, schools, fully ventilated & operable facades, RACFs, smoke/fire applications, hospitality projects, shopping centres, social housing, the university builds and just about anything else you can think of.
In this episode, we will talk about:
- How he started his business through his father’s business of roofing, etc
- He wanted something to call “his” business and not someone else’s
- This opened doors for his jalousie business
- How Safetyline Jalousie Louvre Windows has won several vetted awards in Australia
- Some of the challenges of the business are the rising labour cost
- Capacity is one of the struggles
- Relying on Asia heavily
- People and material resources are a challenge
- Need to bring back their capability to Australia
- Suppliers, are they local or offshore?
- Shipping delays
- Cost demands
- The COVID lockdowns put massive delays in the projects
- Material, steel, etc
- Missing labour force
- His business can see the labour force is getting stronger
- From a tender perspective, locals and onshore have the advantage instead of offshore suppliers
- Some businesses or insurance will not approve if the manufacturers are from overseas
- Suppliers Declare
- Manufacturers in the local industry talking about it can be sustainable
- Hoping to get more traction
- Sustainability manufacturing
- Does a small amount of export
- Based in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane
- Will venture into Asia and New Zealand
And many more, including Leigh’s thoughts on our main topic: “Will Australian Manufacturing ever return to the glory days of the '60s?”
Want to learn more about Leigh Rust? Visit the Safetyline Jalousie Louvre Windows Website!