In today's episode, we explore whether or not there's Biblical evidence for a pre-tribulation rapture? If not, why not?
To make absolutely clear, I do believe the Bible speaks of a rapture of the Church!
We look carefully at the well-known rapture passages, along with companion passages that may give us more insight into this mysterious event.
Did God write about the rapture in the Old Testament through a "type and shadow" event? If so, which story, and what interpretive keys does it hold?
Today we attempt to look at the whole counsel of God to find important answers, especially the crux of the controversy: WHEN will the rapture take place?
Believe it or not, this subject is very relevant and important to your life, both now and into the future. What you believe about the timing of the rapture will influence how you live your life, what you emphasize, and how you will either prepare or not prepare for the future?
That's why every Christian needs to investigate this matter and come to a Biblical conclusion.
[If you didn't listen to last week's episode, please do. Even though I didn't intend it to be, it serves as a foundation for this discussion. Please look for that episode's link under RESOURCES further down this page.]
Listen to find out more!
Previous Episode: Revelation 14: Will there be a Pre-Tribulation Rapture or Will Believers Have to Go through Tribulation? (1:9)
1. In this episode, we looked deeply into four clear passages about the rapture, with their contexts, common elements, and the timing indicators. All the passages spoke a similar message from their face value reading.
Why is it important to take that seriously? It means there's more than one witness.
The plain reading of these passages speak something other than a pre-tribulation rapture.
Consider which provides the more powerful argument: Explicitly stated versus implicitly stated or even not clearly stated? More than one passage or verse saying the same thing on a topic versus a lack of consistency in verses that harmonize on the same topic.
2. What issues do you think contribute to the push for a belief in the pre-tribulation rapture?
3. If you listened to this episode, do you believe that the pre-tribulation is Biblical? Why or why not?
If it isn't true, then how can this viewpoint be damaging to believers?
Please note: Any false doctrine, no matter what it is, damages believers.
4. Examine your own beliefs on the timing of the rapture. Where did you learn these beliefs. If they're not Biblical, then how will you systematically replace them?
1. Slowly review and meditate upon what was shared in this podcast episode.
2. Subscribe and share this podcast with others who may be interested.
3. Look up the Scripture passages shared in this episode. Do your own personal study of them and meditate upon them.
4. Start preparing for the days ahead: spiritually, mentally, physically, domestically, relationally, etc.
Main Website: http://thebiblemind.com
Blog at http://thebiblemind.com/blog
Podcast at http://thebiblemind.com/podcast