Today, I share how when Jesus comes back, we will rule and reign with him as kings and priests. I explain what that means to have a leadership role in his kingdom to come!
We'll talk about Jesus as an absolute ruler and how His kingship will differ from those who became earthly kings and dictators throughout history.
Before I dive into our message, I talk about the rare occurrence of Good Friday landing on the same day as Passover for the Jews. It's only happened three times in this century so far, which makes this year very special.
That leads us into a little discussion about church history and how the dates and times were changed, not by God or the early church leaders, but by a Roman emperor, seeking to divide Christianity from its Jewish roots.
Listen to find out more!
1. Consider how the Jews and Gentiles have been separated, due to the changing of days and times. How powerful is it for Good Friday and Passover to happen at the same time? What was God's original intention for the commemoration of Passover for the Jews?
I, for one, seek to celebrate Passover on Passover in future years. If you resonate with this idea, then what will you do in the future to make this happen in your life and the life of your family?
How could we be a witness to the Jews, by honoring the crucifixion of Christ, when it actually occurred, during Passover of the year of His death?
How does celebrating Good Friday on a different day than Passover muffle God's witness to the Jews?
2. Did this episode change your view of eternity and what we'll be doing in the age to come? If so, how did your thinking change? Also, how will you prepare for this eternity?
3. Reflect on how our lives and daily choices really do make a difference for eternity. How will you keep this reality at the forefront of your mind? What quotes and/or verses can you put up on your walls or tape to your bathroom mirror to continually remind you of this truth?
What changes will you make in your activities and how you spend your time, so as to live a life of deeper wisdom from an eternal perspective?
1. Slowly review and meditate upon what was shared in this podcast.
2. Subscribe and share this podcast with others who may be interested.
3. Look up the Scripture passages that were shared in this episode one by one. Do your own personal study of them and meditate upon them.
4. Begin an action plan to study the End Time passages in the Bible! Y5ou can start with the book of Revelation, the book of Daniel, Matthew 24, Luke 21, and 1 and 2 Thessalonians.
5. Do a topical Bible study on a topic that was discussed in this episode.
6. Research one of the historical people and/or events mentioned in this episode to learn more about them.
Main Website: http://thebiblemind.com
Blog at http://thebiblemind.com/blog
Podcast at http://thebiblemind.com/podcast